The structure of a Horizon Europe Grant Agreement is based on three main elements: the datasheet, the articles and the annexes. The datasheet is a summary of the specific data of the grant agreement, The articles are the core of the grant agreement and set the rules for receiving the grant by the beneficiaries. Last, the annexes provide detailed information about the action pursued, the budget, the accession form, the model of the financial statement and other specific rules.
Datasheet: It is a summary of the specific data of the grant agreement and contains general data about the grant, participants, the grant, reporting, payments, and recoveries, and other rules.
Articles: main part of the agreement establishing cooperation, grouped in six chapters
- Chapter 1: General (Articles 1-2). It includes subject of the agreement and definitions
- Chapter 2: Action (Article 3-4). It includes the duration and starting date of the action.
- Chapter 3: Grant (Article 5-6). It includes the grant and eligibility conditions for costs.
- Chapter 4: Grant implementation (Articles 7-26). It includes information about the beneficiaries and other participants as well as rules about the action implementation.
- Chapter 5: Consequences of non-compliance (Articles 27-35). It includes rejections, grant reduction, suspension, and termination.
- Chapter 6: Final provisions (Articles 36-44). It includes miscellaneous articles about grant management.
- Annex 1: Description of the Action
- Annex 2: Budget table
- Annex 3: Accession form
- Annex 4: Model for the financial statement
- Annex 5: Specific rules (Security, Ethics, Values, IPR, Communication, Dissemination, Open Science, Visibility, Specific rules for carrying out the action)
More information can be found in the Annotated Model Grant Agreement for Horizon Europe.